Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ROCK N ROLL TAROT

original art - The ROCK N ROLL Tarot Deck I Started To Design
JIMMY PAGE AS THE MAGICIAN

About two and a half years ago I started actively working on an original deck of Tarot cards that would be themed on rock n roll. Using a graphics art program, I designed the first 11 cards in the Major Arcana portion  of the deck and posted them on a popular Tarot blog for feedback which was very positive. While I would still be interested in picking this major project where I left off, it has always faced a few major challenges, mostly being issue of copyright licensing on the images. It would be awesome if a major card company picked this up and ran with it, but it is unknown to me just how much all that image licensing would cost. It may prohibit the project from even being feasible. Nonetheless, the 11 cards I designed are now here for your enjoyment, and unfortunately it looks like I lost my copy of The Fool which I had as Jim Morrison. Here are the rest of the cards though-

LENE LOVICH AS THE HIGH PRIESTESS
YOKO ONO AS THE EMPRESS
JOHN LENNON AS THE EMPEROR 
JOE STRUMMER AS THE HIEROPHANT
JACK & DIANE AS THE LOVERS
THE CARS GIRL AS THE CHARIOT 
MARTHA DAVIS AS STRENGTH
JIMMY PAGE AS THE HERMIT
VINYL RECORD ON THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE
PATTI SMITH AS JUSTICE

No comments:

Post a Comment